Did you know that about 42% of India’s Financial City lives in a slum and that all things made and sold here most probably comes from here??
Breaking away from the cliché and often nosey slum tours, aim to help you gain a wholesome and valued understanding of the lives of the people here who come from across the country with an aim to make money keeping in mind positive dreams and self respect.
Here we will get a chance to interact with families, trek up ancient forts lost in the middle of the city, witness the entrepreneurship spirit and even share possible business recommendations with people who market to the world from a tiny home in the slum.
Our slum tours aim to give you value and showcase the real spirit of India through people to people contact and local employment.
So if you want to walk through Asia’s largest slum, take selfies with goats and chickens or even witness how an aunty has the power to replace a CCTV, then this tour is ideal for you. Come and redefine the way you look at a slum.
What is included in the tour
- Bottles of Water
- Cultural Souvenir
- Local Transportation
- 1 Post card of Bombay with domestic stamps affixed per person.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Outsourced vehicle – To book as an add on package, you can send an enquiry
- Personal Shopping
- Personal Donations
- Meet at Sion Station.
- Have discussions on perceptions of what a Slum is - Nature and scope.
- Delve into the slums and meet with the locals
- Explore a fort hidden in the slums
- Take selfies with chicken and goats!
- Get a chance to meet with a self made entrepreneurs of varying nature.
- Explore the varied small scale industries including bakeries, catering, dyeing, tailors, garments, etc.
- Head back to the Sion Station.