Are you looking for a getaway from the hustle and bustle of Bombay? want to detox before you take your flight or simply want to be away from the city and yet in the city... we have the perfect island experience for you.
Located just off the coast of Bombay and yet a hop, skip and jump away from the Airport at Andheri, the Ilha the Madh or commonly called Madh Island as a tempting feel of its own.
Beckoning open minded and nature loving tourists eager to meet with the fishing community and those who have made the island their new home, this island has a lot to offer those who come with an aim to be away and yet in the heart! A typical identity that characterizes the nature of Bombay herself.
From verdant landscapes dotted with multicoloured Hindu Temples and traditional village lifestyles to semi pristine beaches that glisten in the evening sun and from the humble crabs that make the coast their homes to the mighty Bollywood stars who often come to shoot at at myriad of small studios that dot the interior.
Perfect for photography and nature enthusiasts as well as families and walkers by nature.
Our tours are available in the mornings and evenings and are very encouraging to single travelers.
What is included in the tour
- Bottles of Water
- 1 post card of Bombay with stamps prefixed per person
- Cultural Souvenir
- Local Transportation
- Tender coconut
- Offering at a local Hindu Temple
What is NOT included in the tour
- Outsourced vehicle ADVISED FOR GROUPS ONLY – To book as an add on package, you can send an enquiry
- Personal Shopping
- Personal donations
- Train Ride from Church Gate Station or similar depending on your hotel’s location.
- Buy your train tickets in Hindi!
- Take a ride to the boat jetty for a short trip to the island
- Take a walk through the township to the jetty with a vantage view of the skyline of Bombay amidst people drying their fish and multi coloured fishing boats
- Take a walk through the local markets and the multi coloured homes and inner streets
- Take a walk on the beach by the fishing boats for the best pictures
- Then walk past a 150 year colonial church and a Hindu Temple with Mermaids etched into the facade
- Take a walk on a semi pristine and lonely beach where crabs decorate their homes with sand balls looking like constellations.
- Take a walk back to the jetty through the Film Studio district and get a chance to have a peek into what happens begind the scene in each TV shoot!
- Head back to the hotel via public transport.
- End of Tour.