Mumbai, as a destination, has a lot for all who have the will to go beyond their comfort zones. From the humid shores of the Arabian Sea to the comforts of Air-Conditioned Art Galleries, the city has something installed for all taste buds.
Join us on this well curated tour that will give you not just the feel of the Maritime History of the once island city but also delve into the colonial districts to admire the contemporary, classical and nouveau art scene often hidden before our very eyes.
On this tour we aim to give you a feel of luxury where you will not just bask in the sun rising from the Mainland of India in the East but also get a chance to visit the famed Prongs Lighthouse built by the British Engineer Thomas Orminston at the Southern Tip of the city as you hear of the tales of the pirates that once nestled here. Then we take you by foot into the hidden alleyways behind the Taj Hotel to explore the varied styles of architecture that are pre-dominently art deco and Colonial styles with a hint of the Soviet Union! We will then peek into contemporary private and public art galleries to see whats in vogue before heading to the once most powerful cathedral to decipher the hidden symbolism in Christian Art!
The tour ends by the Art Deco styled Regal Cinema, the first in India to officially sport Air Conditioning.
What is included in the tour
- Sailboat J25
- Sailing Instructor
- Safety Assistant
- Entry Tickets to the National Gallery of Modern Art OR the Prince of Wales Museum
- Bottle of Water
- Cultural Souvenir
- My services
What is NOT included in the tour
- Private Shopping
- Private Donations
- Outsourced Car
- Entry Tickets not mentioned in inclusions
- Meet at the Security Entrance to the Gateway to India
- Sail into the Bombay Harbour - 2 hrs duration
- Learn of the Maritime and hidden stories of Bombay
- Walk through the Colonial Neighbourhoods
- Head to the Cathedral to the Holy Name to decipher its art and hidden symbolism
- Visit the National Gallery of Modern Art OR The Prince of Wales Museum
- Visit the Jehangir Art Gallery
- Visit the Gallerie Isa and the Delhi Art Gallery
- Visit trendy and native designer boutiques and labels - optional
- End the tour back at the Regal Cinema.