Every August – September, subject to the Hindu Calendar, the City of Mumbai erupts with pomp and splendor as it beckons the arrival of India’s most loved and popular God – Ganesha.
Being the Remover of Obstacles and the God of Wisdom, traits of Ganesha have been emulated across the country and have even been associated with the notion of India world wide. From referring to India as the Elephant in the Stock Market to sporting bluish grey coloured jerseys on our national team players – the colour of the elephant, India has, and Mumbai in particular, never been more alive than on the 15days that announce his arrival.
During these days, we will take you through the narrow alleyways and community stages to showcase the best of Indian hospitality, pomp and splendor as we help you understand the practicality of India’s beloved God and his role in our everyday lives. Speaking of which Did you know that Ganesha is virtually the only God in the world to participate in an Independence Struggle against Foreign Rulers!!
What is included in the tour
- Bottles of Water
- VIP Entrance Tickets to Community Stages
- Feed a Cow Activity
- Cultural Souvenir
- Local Transportation
- Local Masala Chai
- Offering at a local Hindu Temple
What is NOT included in the tour
- Outsourced vehicle ADVISED FOR GROUPS ONLY – To book as an add on package, you can send an enquiry
- Personal Shopping
- Personalized pick up and drop to hotels beyond Central Bombay into the suburbs.
- Train Ride from Church Gate Station or similar depending on your hotel’s location.
- Buy your train tickets in Hindi!
- Take a Walk into the Local Hindu and Christian neighbourhoods and get a chance to meet with Ganesha in a local’s home
- Have discussions where we will understand the Ganesha from a Practical and Pragmatic aspect
- Visit the varied Community Ganeshas where each compete with the other by decorating their 3 storey high Ganesh Statues with flabbergasting themes that mirror social causes, innovation, propaganda and more.
- Get a chance to try the Modak – Ganesha’s favourite food, from mom and pop stores who make this themselves only during this festival.
- Reach you back to your City / Airport side hotels only via public transportation.