Located just a short boat ride away is a sculpture adorned Isle christened by the Portuguese as Elephanta. Though ironically there are no elephants on this island, you will be entertained by a host of monkeys, goats and cattle who have redefined the concept of being an animal.
Our Tour is aimed at giving you an understanding of not just the civilization that once lived here but also their encounter with the Portuguese who used their temple as target practice and even a glimpse of India’s maritime past and present.
Ideal for people of all ages as long as you are able to climb over a hundred stairs.
What is included in the tour
- Bottles of Water
- Local Lunch on the island
- On Island specially appointed guide services – Private tour
- Entry to Caves - Tickets
- Cultural Souvenir
- Local Transportation
- Boat [return] fees
- Government fees and taxes
- Feed the sea gulls activity
- Professional Photograph at the Gateway to India – Bollywood Style
What is NOT included in the tour
- Outsourced vehicle ADVISED FOR LARGE GROUPS ONLY – To book as an add on package, you can send an enquiry
- Personal Shopping
- Personalized pick up and drop to hotels beyond Central Bombay into the suburbs.
- Palanquin service is available for senior and differently-abled tourists at INR 2000/- each way. Need to block in advance as is subject to availability.
- Boats are not Wheelchair friendly.
- Transfer from your hotel to the Gateway to India
- Take a boat ride to the Elephanta Island
- Get a glimpse of the Indian Naval Ships docked nearby
- Feed the Sea Gulls along the way.
- Get a private tour inside the caves
- Have a local lunch
- Head back to the harbor
- Head back to the hotel.