Mumbai has always been an oasis for all who wished to find refuge and make a life on the side! From the earliest records, the city has made itself a reputation of being the Mecca for trade with nations far and wide sending emissaries to her doors.
And among all the varied communities, few have made it as big as the Jews. India boasts of around 5000 Jews of which around 3000 are believed to be in this city.
During this tour we will get a chance to meet with the members, understand the lives, contributions and even their impact on the lives of the everyday Indian we see today.
This tour is open to people of all faiths and is curated with an aim to bring people together through valued Cultural Understanding.
What is included in the tour
- Bottles of Water
- Feed a cow activity
- Cultural Souvenir
- Local Transportation
- Entrance Tickets into the Dhobi Ghat
- Local Lunch – NOT Kosher
- Photography charges inside the synagogues
What is NOT included in the tour
- Outsourced vehicle– To book as an add on package, you can send an enquiry and recommended for more than 2 people
- Personal Shopping
- Personalized pick up and drop to hotels beyond Central Bombay into the suburbs.
- Donations at the Synagogues
- Museum Tickets
- Take a local train ride from Church Gate or the nearest station to your hotel [Optional]
- Dive through Dr. Elijah Moses Road and see the contributions of Bombay’s only Jewish Mayor
- Get a private tour inside the World’s Largest Public Laundry
- Visit the Tiphereth Synagogue
- Take a local taxi and visit the Chinchpokli – Baghdadi Cemetery
- Visit the Bhau Daji Lad Museum – [entry optional] built by the Sassoon Family
- Enjoy a local Vegetarian Indian Thail Balanced Diet Lunch
- Visit the Masina Hospital – Originally the home of David Sassoon himself. Entry is restricted.
- Visit the defunct Bene Israeli Cemetery in Mazagaon encircled by Muslim Cemeteries
- Visit the Magen David Syanagogue
- Travel to Victoria Terminus and take a train to the only station in the world to be named after a Synagogue – Masheed [Masjid] Bunder. Masheed means Synagogue.
- Visit the oldest Synagogue of Bombay – Bene Israeli and if you are lucky or pray hard enough, you may get a chance to light the holy lamps
- Take a local bus to the Town Hall to catch a glimpse of the house of Dom Garcia de Orta, Bombay’ s Portuguese Jewish Master
- Take a walk through the Financial District
- Visit the Knesseth Eliyahoo Synagogue
- Explore the Arts District
- End the tour by the Gateway to India – Built on Jewish Funds